Changan Motor Philippines, Inc. (CMPI), the official distributor of Changan vehicles, is scheduled to hold its first public event on November 26, 2020. The company is introducing its initial salvo of five new models that are loaded with above-class technology and safety features.
The newest car brand in the country is one of China’s “Big 4” automakers and is known for its “V” logo. It has 37 years of experience in auto manufacturing and has a strong presence in the Middle East, South America, North Africa, and Southeast Asia. Locally, CMPI is powered by an experienced management team and a dealership network that is led by industry veterans.
“Many have asked why we are launching a new brand in this challenging environment. The answer is simple–as an industry veteran of 20 years, I strongly believe Changan is a promising brand, a challenger brand with vehicles and services that will excite the Philippine market at this most unexpected time,” said CMPI President and CEO Ma. Fe Perez-Agudo.
“I am also a believer in offering Filipinos a wider range of product options, and Changan vehicles have that winning combination of intelligent features, trend-setting designs, extensive safety features, and outstanding engine performance. With its attractive price points, motorists no longer need to pay a premium to enjoy premium features. We guarantee that once you drive a Changan, it will change your mindset, change the status quo, and definitely change your life,” she added.
Changan Top 5
The five vehicles included in its initial offering is a mix of sedans and SUVs that cover the popular categories:
- The Alsvin Subcompact sedan has all the bells and whistles, which include a Sunroof, Cruise Control, Blind Spot and Rear Cameras, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and Leather Seats.
- The CS35 Plus Subcompact SUV features a Panoramic Sunroof, Engine Remote Start, Passive Keyless Entry, Blind Spot and Rear Cameras, 10-inch Touchscreen Display, and 7-speed DCT.
- The CS75 Plus has a Panoramic Sunroof, 360° Panoramic Camera, Engine Remote Start, 12-inch Touchscreen, 7-inch Digital Cluster, Cruise Control, Triple Drive Modes, and six Airbags.
- The CS95 features a 2.0L Turbocharged GDI Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, 12.3-inch Touchscreen, 10-inch Digital Instrument Cluster, 360° High-Definition Panoramic Camera, and Panoramic Sunroof.
- The Eado EV460, named the best “green” car in China, has all the amenities including Six Airbags, Electric Stability Control, Leather Seats, and more.
Changan vehicles come with a 5-year, 150,000-kilometer warranty and free Preventive Maintenance Services (PMS) for the first year, or up to 20,000 kilometers. Each model completed 4 million kilometers in test mileage plus 4,500 tests in 15 areas including strength, safety, and environment.
“In these challenging times, we need to get on with our lives and move forward. And that requires safe, technology-driven mobility options to bring us to a better normal, a better future. We hope that the introduction of Changan in the Philippines will serve as a shot in the arm for the ailing auto industry. This launch underscores our strong confidence in the brand, the auto industry, and the Philippine economy. Let us drive towards this change together,” Ms. Agudo asserted.
Changan currently has 15 pioneer dealerships nationwide, with 24 soon-to-rise dealerships that are currently operating as sales outlets. Pioneer dealerships offer complete sales and after-sales services, as well as genuine parts. Expansion plans include 39 dealerships in the next few years.