Toyota Motor Philippines (TMP) has officially launched their new flagship sports car, and it’s called the all-new Toyota GR Supra. Also known as the A90 or Mk. V, this model is the fifth generation of the nameplate and is the first-ever to be officially available in the Philippines.
In case you were wondering, the GR in its name stands for Gazoo Racing, Toyota’s performance development arm. The new Supra is the first global Toyota Gazoo Racing model, and all units are manufactured at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria.
Bringing the legendary Supra here is something we have always wanted to do, and we are positive that there are countless Toyota fans out there who share the same enthusiasm. The Supra, above and beyond, embodies Toyota’s pledge of making ever-better cars,” said TMP First Vice President Cristina Arevalo
The low down
TMP is only offering one variant of the 2020 GR Supra and it is powered by a 3.0L in-line 6-cylinder twin-scroll turbocharged engine mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The engine produces 335 HP @ 5000-6500RPM and 500 NM of torque @ 1600-4500 RPM. During the press conference, TMP officials also announced that all units they will be bringing in have the all-black interior.
Standard features include:
- 6-LED Headlamps with integrated Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Adaptive Variable Suspension and a limited-slip differential
- Front ventilated disc brakes with 4-piston fixed calipers and Rear ventilated disc brakes with 1-piston floating calipers
- 18.8-inch widescreen TFT LCD with USB and Bluetooth remote touch with touchpad
- 12-Speaker JBL HiFi Surround Sound System
- Dual-zone push-type air-conditioning
- Carbon interior trim
- 8.8-inch TFT widescreen LCD meter gauge cluster with tachometer and shift indicator
- Heads up display
- 3-Spoke leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Alcantara sports seats with 8-way adjust, memory, and power seat lumbar support
- Electronic parking brake, 7 SRS airbags, Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, and Traction control
Pricing, Colors, Availability
Although officially, TMP officials didn’t want to disclose exactly how many units have been allocated for our market, sources have been quoted pegging the magic number at 170 units. Just so you know, the lead time for units to arrive is about 4-5 months.
The 2020 Supra is available in 8 colors with pricing aligned with the processes involved to achieve the colors:
- Prominence Red
- Lightning Yellow
- Deep Blue Metallic
- White Metallic
- Silver Metallic
- Ice Gray Metallic
- Black Metallic
- Matte Storm Gray Metallic
“This will be the very first time that the model will be retailed in the Philippines, and only a limited number of units will be available through sixteen of our certified GR Performance dealerships nationwide,” said TMP President Satoru Suzuki.
The sixteen (16) certified GR Performance dealerships with the authority to sell and capacity to service the 2020 GR Supra are:
- Toyota Alabang
- Toyota Commonwealth
- Toyota Makati
- Toyota Manila Bay
- Toyota Otis
- Toyota Pasong Tamo
- Toyota Quezon Avenue
- Toyota Bacoor
- Toyota Batangas
- Toyota Calamba
- Toyota La Union
- Toyota San Fernando
- Toyota San Pablo
- Toyota Cebu
- Toyota Mabolo
- Toyota Davao City
For more information about Toyota in the Philippines, visit their website at http://toyota.com.ph/.
[mx_youtuber type=”video” id=”t28_VIWOUxQ” display=”title,date”]